Students register for a BUS 300: Business Professional Development section that is facilitated and taught by an Executive in Residence (EIR). Our executives have years of experience and come from a variety of industries to provide participants a real-world connection in college to career transitions.
The course requires students to be active participants due to the strong emphasis on soft skill development. Examples of soft skills are understanding your audience and tailoring communication accordingly, interpersonal communication, networking professionalism and business etiquette, teamwork, emotional intelligence, personal branding and communicating your brand, work ethic, etc.
Program Topics Include:
- Interests, Skills, Passions, Strengths, Personality Assessments
- Individual Development Plan
- Interpersonal Communication and Teamwork
- Business Professionalism and Ethics
- Social Media & Personal Branding
- Effective Presentations
- Occupational Research
- Resume Writing
- Cover Letter Writing
- Business Etiquette Dinner
- Networking Events
- Career Plan Assessment (Pre & Post)
NOTE: Students who were required to but did not complete BPD in 2016-17 or 2017-18, should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to complete the business degree requirement.