Why AACSB Accreditation Matters to Employers
CSUSM College of Business Administration Receives AACSB Accreditation
The College of Business Administration is proud to announce that it has received accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This accreditation demonstrates the college's dedication to academic quality and high standards as outlined by the stringent requirements of AACSB. It places the college among the top 5% of business schools worldwide. Founded in 1916, AACSB is the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools, and the largest business education network connecting learners, educators, and businesses worldwide. AACSB maintains strict standards for its nearly 900 leading business school members, focusing on mission and strategic management, support for students, faculty and staff, learning and teaching, and academic and professional engagement of students and faculty.
How does AACSB improve the quality of CSUSM Business Education?
To receive accreditation the college completed a rigorous review process conducted by peers in the business education community, ensuring that the college has the resources, credentials, and commitment needed to provide students with a first-rate, future-focused business education.
AACSB Accreditation Standards have specific requirements that helps CSUSM CoBA develop effective learning environments, as well as measure learning outcomes. In fact, the college has an entire set of its own standards that are specifically dedicated to the assurance of learning at the undergraduate and master's level. The standards also define faculty requirements, such as qualifications and number of tenure-track instructors. Overall, this accreditation ensures that students have the best curricula, professors, and learning opportunities.
The benefits of recruiting from an AACSB Accredited College
- Students graduate from top 5% of business schools in the world.
- Students learn from top faculty
- The college can hire and retain professors and researchers who seek to work at a top business school.
- Stringent hiring requirements ensure top scholars with current research and national publications.
- Students' curriculum undergoes required assurance of learning review.
- Faculty-led review team ensures students are meeting program expectations and consistently assess curriculum to improve outcomes.
- Students maintain higher overall GPAs.
- Students are more likely to pursue master's degrees.
- Students are sought by top, global corporations that only recruit from AACSB-accredited schools.
- Student curriculum is designed with input from the professional community to ensure preparation for the real-world business environment.
- The college has established department level board of advisors to ensure community engagement and input.
How to Engage with and Recruit from the CSUSM College of Business Administration?
For information about attending a career fair or share an employment opportunity with students from a specific department, please reach out to the college's Director of Communications, Paige Vahle at email@example.com.
To share employment opportunities with all business students from across departments, please register as an employer and post listings on the campus Career Center job website Handshake.