Senior Experience Explained
- Businesses and organizations propose a project by submitting an application. A fee of $1,500 per project is charged and used to offset program costs.
- Project requests are accepted year round but must be received by the last week of
August for the Fall semester and the last week of January for Spring semester.
- The program director will arrange a meeting at the company site to review the project
and the program.
- The sponsor is notified whether or not there is an available team match by August
30 for the Fall semester and January 30 for the Spring semester.
- Projects are reviewed to determine the appropriateness of the type and level of work
for a student team. The company sponsor will be contacted to gain a better understanding
of the project's definition and focus.
- Faculty members are matched to the projects, based on experience and interest.
- Student teams indicate preferences for projects and are matched, based on qualifications
- For the matched projects, the teams do detailed company and industry research relevant
to their project in advance of contacting the company.
- The team meets with the company contact and draws up a Letter of Engagement, detailing
the specific outcomes or deliverables, the milestones and reporting mechanisms, the
intended use of the project results, as well as details of engagement.
- The team meets weekly with their faculty supervisor and as often as needed with their
- Over approximately a 12-week period, the students will complete their work and write
a final report and do a project presentation. The work product is wholly owned by
the sponsoring company and confidentiality of private data is ensured.
- At the conclusion of each semester, a Senior Experience Trade Show is held where each student team displays and explains their work. Company sponsors
and members of the business community are invited.
View Past Projects Interest Form Submit a Project