Bennett Cherry, Ph.D.
- Creativity, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship
- New Venture Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Foundations of Business Environments
- Senior Experience
- International Business Travel Study Tour
- Creativity in Business
- Entrepreneurship & New Venture Creation
- Human Resources Strategy
- Workplace Climate Assessment
- Service Delivery Strategy
- The antecedents and consequences of interpersonal trust between entrepreneur and stakeholder; manager and subordinate; customer and service provider
- Humility: antecedents and consequences for new venture creation, social entrepreneurship, and leadership
- Social entrepreneurship formation and alliances
- Being a fan: the effect of social identities on prosocial and altruistic behavior
- The confluence of social media in the early and formative stages of entrepreneurship: ideation, construction, launch, funding
- The linkage of organizational metrics and assessments with vitally-important organizational outcomes
- The construction of "online" trust
- The creation of "sticky" organizational cultures
- Service provider responses to different service delivery strategies and mechanisms
Bennett Cherry (PhD, The University of Arizona) is Professor of Entrepreneurship and Management at California State University San Marcos.
Dr. Cherry's major areas of research include nascent entrepreneurs, fanatical customer behavior, new venture creation, employee engagement, and humility and trust in leadership. This research has been presented at international conferences and published in numerous academic and practitioner-oriented journals.
Dr. Cherry enjoys teaching college students both in California and abroad. Beginning in 2013, he has taught in Austria at the University of New Orleans’ International Summer School at the University of Innsbruck. In 2016, he first led an International Business Travel Study Tour to Germany, Austria, and France. This immersive experience is in keeping with Dr. Cherry’s desire to expose students from varying backgrounds to the wonders and opportunities involved in travel and business amidst multinational and cultural differences.
In his consultancy, Dr. Cherry works with organizations to identify new market opportunities and to improve existing product and service offerings. Dr. Cherry is also an active board member of various local not-for-profits and serves as a member on the CSUSM Foundation's Finance & Investments Committee.