department menu

Leave of Absence


An undergraduate student who has exhausted his or her “out-one term” in the prior semester and who needs to remain un-enrolled for an additional semester may, under some circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, apply for an educational leave of absence. An undergraduate leave of absence may be granted for the following documented reasons:

  • attendance at another accredited institution of higher learning, or
  • the health condition of the student prohibits attendance, or
  • military duty/deployment

Requests for leave of absence must be documented and submitted to Cougar Central, Registrar’s office, prior to the first day of classes for the semester requested.

Leave of Absence (LOA) cannot be submitted on the student’s first semester. A student must have completed one term in order to submit LOA.


Graduate students should refer to Graduate Studies and/or their program.