Your  Account:

Name Change & Personal Information Updates

Change of Legal Name

Processing of a legal name change, with proper documentation, can be done within Office of the Registrar in Cougar Central. Change of legal gender may also be updated using this form.

Download and complete the Name Change Form, or visit us in Cougar Central, and supply one of the stated documents below.

  • State issued driver's license or identification
  • Original (signed) Social Security card reflecting the new first and/or last name
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • U.S. Passport

If you are not a United States citizen, you must show a valid passport and photo ID reflecting the new legal name. Students employed by the university should also notify Human Resources of the change.

For students that identify by a name other than their legal name, please visit: Preferred Name Procedures.

Personal Information Updates

For most other updates to your information (e.g. mailing address, phone numbers, etc.), you may make changes directly in MyCSUSM. See our MyCSUSM instructions page for details.