What makes an official transcript OFFICIAL
For a transcript to be considered official, it must:
- Remain sealed in its envelope
- Be printed on security transcript paper
- Carry the signature of the university registrar and university seal
- All transcripts sent from CSUSM are considered official unless an unofficial copy has been requested
- Electronic transcripts are considered official if downloaded directly from the original email link provided. Previously downloaded copies are considered unofficial.
What is included on an official transcript
A copy of your transcript includes:
- Degree(s) awarded, major and minor, and certificates of study
- Transfer credit from other institutions accepted by CSUSM. Only the total number of credit hours accepted is indicated. Transcripts of transfer credits must be requested directly from the institution that awarded the credit.
- All courses taken and attempted at CSUSM and grade awarded
- Student standing each term
- GPA for each term and institute totals
How to access Unofficial Transcripts
Unofficial transcripts do not carry any type of official markings and can be downloaded and printed directly from MyCSUSM.
- Log-in to your Student Center in MyCSUSM
- Under 'Academics' select Transcript: View Unofficial
- Under Report Type, select Unofficial Transcript
- Click 'View Report'
If you have a question about transcripts, you can email our office for more information. Please include your full name (and any other names used at CSUSM) and your CSUSM Student ID number.