- What types of transcripts are available?
There are two types of transcripts: Official and unofficial. Official transcripts are sealed/certified educational records that are required by most educational institutions and other agencies. Unofficial transcripts do not carry any type of official markings and can be printed for the student’s own record through MyCSUSM.
- How do I know what type of transcript I need?
You will need to verify with the educational institution or agency that is requesting your records. Most of the time an official transcript is required.
- How can I obtain a copy of my unofficial transcript?
Unofficial transcripts are simply copied onto regular white paper and do not carry any type of official markings. You can download and print unofficial transcripts from MyCSUSM:
- Log-in to your MyCSUSM and Click on Student Center
- In the Academics drop down select the Transcript: View Unofficial option, then click
- Under Report Type choose Unofficial Transcript
- Click View Report
- How can I request official transcripts?
- How much do I pay to get my transcripts?
The fee to order an electronic official transcript (or paper transcript with expedited processing time) is $6.00 per copy. Paper transcripts processed in 7-10 business days are free of charge.
- Is tracking and delivery confirmation available?
Only our electronic transcript delivery service offers tracking and delivery confirmation on all orders.
- How long will it take to process my official transcript request?
Hard Copy Transcript requests are processed within 7-10 business days from date of receipt.
Electronic Transcripts are generally processed the same day.
Please be aware that processing time may vary during high-volume periods (i.e. beginning and end term). Hard Copy Transcripts are sent via the regular United States Postal Mail Services. CSUSM has no control over the delivery time of the mail, within the U.S. or internationally. Rush service and delivery tracking is not available for these orders.
- I lost access to the student portal (MyCSUSM), how do I reset my access?
If you are a former student, please contact Tech Support to reactivate your MyCSUSM account. *Please note: At least four of the following is required to reset your password/email:
- First & Last Name
- Student ID #
- Phone number
- Numeric Portion of Address
- Personal Email
- Date of Birth
- Alternate Name(s)
- Will my transcript include all my grades if the semester is not over?
You will have three options when ordering a transcript:
- Process immediately - The record will include all coursework to date, courses for the current term will be shown in progress if grades are not final. If degree conferral has not been completed, earned degrees will not be recorded.
- Hold for grades - Your order will be held until all current term grades are finalized and posted.
- Hold for degree- Your order will be held until your degree is conferred and recorded on your record.
Please note: if you would like to hold for grades or degree and are making a request after the semester has ended, you will need to submit a PDF request form (i.e., the "hold for grades/degree" option is only available in MyCSUSM through the end of the applicable semester).
- How do I request that my transcript be printed after my final grades are posted and/or
my degree is conferred?
Select 'Hold for grades' or 'Hold for degree' under "Select Option." Then select the appropriate term.
Please note: if you would like to hold for grades or degree and are making a request after the applicable semester has ended, you will need to submit a PDF request form (i.e., the "hold for grades/degree" option is only available in MyCSUSM through the end of the applicable semester).
- I need to include an attachment (matching forms, ID number, etc.) with my transcript,
how can I do that?
If you are requesting hard copy transcripts, complete the request form via MyCSUSM then send an email to email@example.com with your Student ID number, request number, and additional forms/attachments. This step should be done immediately, so that we may match up the request with the attachment.
If you are requesting electronic transcripts, you will be prompted to include any attachments during your order. If you have additional forms/attachments that need a school signature and/or seal, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your order. We will email them back to you to include with your order. Please include your Student ID number in your email.
- I submitted my transcripts from other schools to CSUSM. Can you send these transcripts
with my CSUSM transcript?
No. CSUSM will not provide students with copies of another school’s transcript that we may have in our file.
- Can I send a portion of my official transcript?
No. The official transcript contains all course work you have taken at CSUSM up to the current date. We do not send out separate Undergraduate/Graduate/Post-baccalaureate transcripts.