Students committed to graduating in two years by way of the California Promise must
be a transfer student, enter in Fall Semester, and meet the following conditions:
- Enrolled with an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), (Associate in Arts for Transfer
(AA-T), or Associate in Science for Transfers (AS-T)) that aligns with similar majors
at CSUSM: you can find the list of similar majors at https://adegreewithaguarantee.com/
- Successfully complete 50% of the required units for their degree per year to ensure
meeting the minimum graduation requirements appropriate to the major. The required
units per year must be completed in Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- Maintain good standing (minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average)
- Students must:
- attend student orientation upon acceptance to the University,
- meet each semester with their assigned CA Promise advisor,
- file any necessary paperwork by July 15,
- reach agreement with their assigned CA Promise advisor regarding appropriate courses
- consider the availability of future course offerings as related to graduation requirements,
- participate each semester in the priority registration process,
- pay fees by the required deadline,
- enroll in required courses (which may include evening and weekend hours) when they
are offered and/or available,
- remain in the same major they selected when they entered the University, and
- check their Cal State San Marcos email account and the CA Promise website on a regular
Students eligible for financial assistance must meet academic progress requirements
and must meet the financial aid application deadline requirements each year to continue
to receive financial assistance.
- Students participating in the CA Promise agreement must demonstrate accountability
by complying with all administrative, judicial and academic policies and procedures.
Non-compliance may result in cancellation of the agreement.
* Students may petition the cancellation of the pledge agreement for serious and compelling
By submitting this form, you agree to abide by the stated conditions of the Cal State
San Marcos CA Promise.
This completed form must be submitted by the student and reviewed by the California