Students committed to graduating in two years by way of the California Promise must be a transfer student, enter in Fall Semester, and meet the following conditions:
1. Enrolled with an Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), (Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T), or Associate in Science for Transfers (AS-T)) that aligns with similar majors at CSUSM: you can find the list of similar majors at https://adegreewithaguarantee.com/
2. Successfully complete 50% of the required units for their degree per year to ensure meeting the minimum graduation requirements appropriate to the major. The required units per year must be completed in Fall, Spring, and Summer.
3. Maintain good standing (minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average); students must additionally earn a "C" or better or CR (credit/no credit classes) in all course work taken.
4. Students must:
• attend student orientation upon acceptance to the University,
• meet each semester with their assigned CA Promise advisor,
• file any necessary paperwork by the posted deadline,
• reach agreement with their assigned CA Promise advisor regarding appropriate courses of study,
• consider the availability of future course offerings as related to graduation requirements,
• participate each semester in the priority registration process,
• pay fees by the required deadline,
• enroll in required courses (which may include evening and weekend hours) when they are offered and/or available,
• remain in the same major they selected when they entered the University, and
• check their Cal State San Marcos email account and the CA Promise website on a regular basis.
4. Students eligible for financial assistance must meet academic progress requirements and must meet the financial aid application deadline requirements each year to continue to receive financial assistance.
5. Students participating in the CA Promise agreement must demonstrate accountability by complying with all administrative, judicial and academic policies and procedures. Non-compliance may result in cancellation of the agreement.
* Students may petition the cancellation of the pledge agreement for serious and compelling reasons.
By submitting this form, you agree to abide by the stated conditions of the Cal State San Marcos CA Promise.
This completed form must be submitted by the student and reviewed by the California Promise Advisor.