Student Help Desk Application
The Student Assistant Technicians for the Help Desk are the first point of contact
for students, staff and faculty seeking assistance for technology issues on campus.
They provide technical support over the phone and in person. The assistants also checkout
a wide range of classroom and technology-based equipment. Help Desk Assistants are
under the supervision of the Help Desk Manager and Help Desk staff. On the job training
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to various requests received through the
- Respond to customer queries by phone, email, and walk-ins.
- Accurately and cautiously manage checking in & out our available Check-out equipment.
Pull reports, perform regular inventory as needed, and be extremely detail oriented
to understand the policies of specific groups of equipment types.
- Identify, diagnose and work with other groups to resolve Tier 1 & 2 technical problems
for hardware and software related issues.
- Assist users with account issues including, but not limited to: password resets, inability
to access programs, and new student account questions.
- Provided one-on-one support for users over the phone or face-to-face. Gathering information
related to the issue for troubleshooting and escalating problems as needed.
- Productively use our ticketing system software HelpSpot to track all progression of
technical issues and escalations.
- Will also have some shifts covering the front desk in the Technology Resource Center
greeting faculty & staff visitors and being a liasion between the Instructional Designers
and Faculty & Staff Help Desk. While in the TRC, this student employee is expected
to take calls for Student Help Desk as well as assisting with the Faculty & Staff
Help Desk queue with any technical problems and escalating/creating tickets as needed.
- Service all PawPrint printers across campus by completing daily paper runs and re-filling toner cartridges.
- Classroom/lab maintenance is a daily task that requires upholding a strict standard by dressing cabling, wiping down desks & monitors, and straightening up the computers
within the labs and all instructor stations across campus.
- Print posters for users within the guidelines of our poster printing service policies.
Accurately bill customers by pricing the poster according to the poster sizing policy.
- Work on daily miscellaneous projects as it relates to the Help Desk.
- Job growth & wage increases are available to those who exhibit exceptional quality
- Experience with troubleshooting desktop operating systems, wireless network problems, and
support for mobile devices, PCs, Macs, and laptops.
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up a broad range of policies & procedures as it
relates to the Student Technology Help Desk services.
- Excellent communication service skills
- Must have attention to detail when checking out valuable CSUSM equipment
- Customer-service driven attitude
- Highly motivated individual that is willing to seek out new tasks in the workplace.
- Must be reliable, dependable, use good judgment in decision making, manage time and
- Ability to be trained daily to gain technical knowledge of campus supported software
- Ability to correctly follow detailed procedures for daily tasks.
- Able to troubleshoot issues to the fullest extent of your ability.
IITS Student Assistant Application