Requests for new iPad or cellular phone resources represent a fiscal commitment on behalf of CSUSM
funds. This is true of the intial purchase, ongoing support, and future refresh of
equipment. The campus' Information Management Steering Committee (IMSC) has established
the following procedure effective October 25, 2018:
All new iPad and cellular phone requests must be approved within their own division
prior to any action being taken by IITS to deploy equipment.
- Please have your Administrative Coordinator (AC) contact Telephone Services to obtain a quote for an iPad, cellular equipment or service plans prior to filling
out the Technology Order Request form. All iPads must be purchased through the campus' Apple Education account.
- Once the quote or documentation from Telephone Services is received, users will submit
a Technology Order Request and furnish the information requested.
- When IITS receives the request, it will be routed to the appropriate fiscal authority,
Department Chair or Manager, and Dean or AVP for eSignature approval. iPads or cell phone purchases requiring monthly service plans will also require Provost/VP
- All requests approved within your division will be released to Telephone Services
staff for processing. Typical processing is 2 weeks.
- All iPad and cell phones must be shipped to University Receiving and are routed to
Telephone Services for documentation purposes prior to being deployed to user.