Requests for computers that do not have recurring funding are considered non-refreshable computers.
Some examples of requests that may fall under this category:
Computer required for faculty research.
Computer required for professional development.
Computer used as part of a sponsored project or grant.
Computer that accompanies a scientific instrument.
- For requests that require consultation and/or quoting, please contact Nicholas Duarte in IITS. Once a quote has been finalized or if you already have a quote from an approved vendor/configuration, proceed to step two.
- Please complete the technology order request form for a non-refreshable computer and submit your approved vendor quote.
- IITS will review the submission, route approval paperwork, and follow up with the requestor once approved or denied.
CSU Policy Requirements
Computers and other technology must be purchased through an approved vendor that has an existing MEA or current contract with the CSU system.
Devices must adhere to CSU configuration policies, therefore, computer requests must meet CSU configuration standards (IITS recommends pre-vetted models to simplify the procurement process).
- All devices must include a warranty that runs through the campus lifecycle (4 years), and be under support by IITS per the above CSU configuraton standards. Consult Support Costs & Details.
IITS will waive support costs if the purchase is intended for state-side faculty research (excluding grants and sponsored projects).
IITS is required by CSU policy to invoice for support costs if a project is funded by grant funds or is part of a sponsored project.
- Once a computer reaches year 5 of its usable life, it must be evaluated for replacement or removed from the campus network (this requires review by the CISO) as this is the time period in which aging computers will be unable to receive critical security patches and operating system updates.