- What survey tool does CSUSM support?
CSUSM provides support for Qualtrics, a full-featured, web-based tool for creating, distributing, capturing, and analyzing surveys.
- Who can use Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is available to faculty, staff, and students with an active CSUSM account.
- How much does it cost to use Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is provided as a common-good service to the campus, which means there is no direct cost to the individual or department.
- How do I access Qualtrics?
Qualtrics can be accessed at qualtrics.csusm.edu.
- How do I get a Qualtrics account?
When you log into Qualtrics for the first time, an account will be automatically created for you.
- I have an existing account on an non-CSUSM instance of Qualtrics. How can I combine/merge that with my CSUSM account?
- Where should I go if I have questions about using Qualtrics?
When logged into Qualtrics, click Help to access extensive online trailing materials or live chat with a Qualtrics Support Representative.
You can also search for help tutorials through the Qualtrics University Research Suite.
- Where can I go to discussion best practices with other Qualtrics Users?
Discuss best practices with other Qualtrics Users outside of CSUSM in the Qualtrics Community. To participate, select Sign In from the top right of the page. Select Organization Login to sign in with our brand id, which is csusm.
- When a survey is emailed from within Qualtrics to me what is the "from" address?
By default emails will be shown as sent from your name with the email of: firstname.lastname@example.org; if a user wants to reply to your email replies will be directed to your campus email.
- Which web browsers does Qualtrics support?
Qualtrics recommends you use the latest version of your browser of choice. The web browsers officially supported by Qualtrics are Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
- Does CSUSM have a Survey Policy?
Yes, CSUSM has a Survey Policy and Survey Committee to ensure that university surveys of campus constituents are conducted in a manner that minimizes redundancy and frequency of surveys and follows guidelines for survey deployment. More information is available on the Institutional Planning & Analysis Survey Policies & Procedures page.
- Where can I find existing CSUSM survey data?
- Do I need to consider IRB when using Qualtrics?
All research proposed by faculty, staff, or students involving human subjects at CSUSM must be reviewed by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) before data collection can begin, to ensure subjects (meaning research participants) are treated ethically and that their rights and welfare are adequately protected. Visit the IRB page to learn more.
- I need to get approval from the IRB to use Qualtrics for my survey research. Where can I get information on how Qualtrics secures data?
- How do I get the ownership of a project/survey transferred from one user account to
To transfer ownership of a Project/Survey from one user account to another, contact Qualtrics@csusm.edu
- How do I use Contact Lists in Qualtrics?
Instructions on using Contact Lists (Distribution Lists) are available at the Qualtrics University website.
- How do I share a project with someone from CSUSM?
The individual(s) you want to share with must log into CSUSM's Qualtrics system at least once before you can add them as a collaborator on your project.
Instructions on the process of sharing your project with a CSUSM user are available on the Qualtrics University website in the Collaborating on a Project section.
Note: When adding a user within the campus that you would like to share your project with, be sure to search for the user by name, rather than IdentiKey or email address.
- How do I share a project with colleagues from other universities?
Instructions on the process of sharing a your project with colleagues at other universities on the Qualtrics University website in the Sharing Outside your Organization section.
- What information should I use to cite Qualtrics in my research?
- Name of Company:Qualtrics Labs, Inc.
- Development Company:Qualtrics Labs, Inc.
- Year of Development: 2005
- Location: Provo, Utah, USA
- Version: 12,018
- What URL should I use to bookmark Qualtrics?
To bookmark Qualtrics, go into your browser's bookmark configuration setting and enter the URL for this service: qualtrics.csusm.edu
- Is there a limit to the amount of names I can place on a Contact List?
Yes, by default, each contact list can contain up to 50 names. To request an exception, contact Qualtrics@csusm.edu. Please provide the following information in your request
- Why your account would need to include more than 50 users on a Contact List
- How many names you are requesting to include on a Contact List
- Is there a limit on the number of people I can email surveys to?
Yes, by default, CSUSM Qualtrics users can distribute up to 50 emails per week. To request an exception, contact Qualtrics@csusm.edu. Please provide the following information in your request:
- Why your account would need to send more than 50 emails per week
- How many emails you are requesting to be sent per week
- Is Qualtrics replacing Wufoo?
No, Qualtrics will not be replacing Wufoo in the foreseeable future.