Separating or Retiring from CSUSM
Prior to separating or retiring from CSUSM, please complete the following actions to ensure apropriate continuity.
Actions to be completed prior to departing
- Set up an out-of-office email message indicating to whom business should be directed (instructions on setting an out-of-office message)
- Decide whether your email address should remain active, and if yes, for how long
- Please note that retirees that join the Retirees Association may keep their campus email but must set a mandatory out-of-office message informing the campus of their departure
- Transfer any emails that would need to be accessed by another department/campus member
- Note: While you can save and share the .pst file via OneDrive and SharePoint, it is recommended you save the file to your device instead.
- Set an out-of-office voicemail greeting indicating to whom business should be directed (instructions on setting an out-of-office voicemail greeting)
- Clear your voice mailbox of all saved messages
- Determined what files if any (located on OneDrive, SharePoint, Network Drive, device hard drive, or other) need to be inherited by another department/campus member
- IITS recommends you transfer files to SharePoint sites if those are available to you. Files located in your OneDrive will be deleted when the account is removed.
- Please ensure that the employee inheriting files is set as the “Owner” of the files in SharePoint (instructions on changing file ownership for Sharepoint folders or files)
- Leave any Teams you are currently a member (instructions on how to leave a Team)
Microsoft offers members of the CSUSM Retirees Association a free Office 365 A1 license, which includes free web apps such as Outlook email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Teams, and more (see all apps included in A1).
Therefore, association members will retain their Outlook email addresses and cloud storage, including all current content.
Continuation of these benefits depends upon Microsoft’s support of the free Office 365 A1 license program; if Microsoft alters any aspects or adds a cost, CSUSM may change any or all of these benefits at any time and without prior warning.