Add Links (URLs) in Your Course
Why Do This
The internet offers a wealth of free resources, including YouTube videos, TED talks, government archives, museums, newspapers, and dedicated open education resources search engines. Incorporating well-chosen multimedia into your course provides students with a much richer learning experience and supports different learning preferences. Linking to websites, rather than embedding or uploading content into your course, will minimize the size of your course and the necessary course upkeep.
Add a Link (URL)
- While in your course, go to the module/week where you want to add the URL.
- Scroll to the bottom of the module and click Create Learning Activity in the lower left.
- In the "Create learning activity" popup window, click on the Resources tab and then
- Type the name of the resource in the Name box. Paste the full URL in the External
URL box. Add a brief description, if desired. If you do add a description, check the
box to the left of "Display description on course page."
- When finished, click on the "Save and return to course" button at the bottom.
- The URL will then be listed as the last item in that topic. If you would like to move it, please see this help guide on how to move an item.