Complete the ITR form which will prompt you for a variety of information that will help IITS gauge the Impact and Probability sections below.
Several factors contribute to assessing the impact of ICT products or service(s) acquisitions. Each of these factors are outlined below; along with sample questions for gauging the relevance of those factors.
Will there be a barrier?
- If non-ATI compliance purchase is processed, will persons with disabilities be denied access to a university program or service?
- If non-ATI compliance purchase is processed, will persons with disabilities receive erroneous, incomplete, or untimely information?
Is it a critical barrier?
- Does this ICT acquisition relate to an essential academic or administrative function?
- Does the lack of non ATI compliant purchase contribute to ineffective operations (i.e. would the cost/complexity of providing accommodations be burdensome or disruptive)?
What are the risks associated with the barrier?
- Does the lack of this non ATI compliant purchase increase the risk of the University being exposed legal ramifications?
- Has the University received complaints from persons with disabilities due to lack of meeting ATI Section 508 compliance mandates?
Are there workarounds for the barrier until resolved?
- Are there accessible ICT products, alternative ICT products, or workarounds to provide the related academic or administrative function?
- How many people would be impacted by a non ATI compliant purchase?
- Would members of the public be impacted by the lack of this activity or process?
- Will the lack of these actions create barriers that reoccur or persist over time?
- Is the lack of non ATI compliant purchases likely to impact programs or services with a primary audience of persons with disabilities?