4 Year Roadmaps
The Chancellor’s Office requires 4-year Roadmaps for every undergraduate degree program. The Office of Academic Programs, in conjunction with department faculty and the University Curriculum Committee, ensures these are created and updated as part of the curricular approval process.
When submitting curriculum forms for new programs (P form) or updating an existing program (P-2 form), upload a 4-Year Roadmap in Curriculog. This ensures that the new/updated program meets the Min/Max total of 120 units and that the all GE and major requirements are included in the roadmap.
GE courses, shared across all majors, are carefully suggested in specific terms to help balance course demand. Please contact eAdvising for your major-specific roadmap template.
- Each Template displays lower-division and upper-division GE courses that are frozen due to course demand balance and cannot be moved to a different term.
- Be sure to list the following GE requirements in the new roadmap (these can be placed in any term):
- B1 (B1 or B2 must include a lab component) - 3 units
- B2 (B1 or B2 must include a lab component) - 3 units
- C3 - 3 units (language course for students admitted Fall 2019 and beyond)
- Units for each course listed on the roadmap are included in the total units calculation displayed at the top left of the page. Please make sure the total units = 120 before uploading the roadmap in Curriculog.
- Upload your 4-Year Roadmap in Curriculog when submitting your P or P-2 form.
- Note for Science Majors: Roadmap templates will only show 2 UDGE lines since any UD course in the Natural Science discipline will automatically fulfill the UDGE-Area BB requirement.
Contact eAdvising for Major-Specific Templates