Items Excluded from IITS Review or Approval
The following items are considered pre-approved, excluded from review, and do not require a technology order request or ITR.
Computer Peripherals or Accessories:
- Monitors (27-inches or smaller for one-time purchase machines only)
- Keyboard and Mice (Bluetooth or wired)
- Presenter devices (powerpoint clickers)
- Data storage devices (usb sticks, external hard drives, cd's; this does not include backup systems or disk raids).
- Basic usb microphones
- Bluetooth headsets, earbuds or speakers
- Various computer cables or adapters (ex: hdmi, display port, usb)
- Power adapters or replacement power supplies
- Digital/video cameras, DSLRs
- Blue-light filters or glasses
- Duo key fobs
- iPad Accessories (cases, covers, keyboards, cables, chargers, pencils, etc)
- Portable battery/chargers
- Individual-use subscriptions for content services. Examples include a subscription
for a journal or other publication that will only be accessed by a single individual.
Please note that by signing up for a subscription you are creating an account external to CSUSM. To ensure the safety of your online accounts, it is crucial that you use a unique username and password combination for each unique online account (note: Do not use your campus password). This practice helps to prevent your accounts from being compromised by segregating your unique online accounts.
In addition, choosing a strong password can increase the security of your online accounts. Strong passwords include a combination of all of the following factors:
- At least one lower-case character
- At least one upper-case character
- At least one number
- At least one symbol
- At least 15 characters in length.
- If this subscription offers a multifactor authentication method it is required that you use it.
*Information reviewed/updated April 2022