Allow Additional Time for One or More Students
Why Do This
You may need to give a student with a disability extra time to complete a quiz. Or you might need to change the quiz open/close times for a student who has a legitimate reason for missing a quiz, or provide an additional attempt for a student who experienced a technical issue that and wasn't able to complete the quiz.
You will need to set up a user override individually for each student that needs it, and for each quiz. There is currently no way to bulk set up user overrides.
Set Up Individual Overrides
- From your course homepage go to the module/week and click on the quiz title.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right to open the Quiz Administration, then click User Overrides.
- Click the Add user override button.
- There are five steps to adding a user and setting up the override.
- Step 1: Type the student's name in the Search Box and select them from the list.
- Step 2: Set the Start date/time for this student.
- Step 3: Set the End date/time for this student. Keep in mind this is a hard deadline. Once reached, the quiz will close even if the student has time left on their timer.
- Step 4: Set the time limit for this student. Below, set the number of attempts. Keep in mind this is the total number of attempts, not number of extra attempts.
- Step 5: When finished, click the Save button. If you have more than one user to setup an override for, select "Save and enter another override."