Submitting a File to an Assignment
Note: The maximum submission size is 20MB.
Submitting a File
- Locate the Assignment in your course and click on the Assignment name.
- On this page you will see the details of the Assignment on the left: when it is due, time remaining, description/instructions (if your instructor has provided them), any related files, and the rubric/grading form (if your instructor is using one). The box on the right will display your submission and grading status. Verify you are submitting to the correct assignment before proceeding.
- Click the Add Submission button.
- In most browsers you will have the ability to drag and drop files from your computer into the “File submissions” area.
If your browser does not support drag and drop:
- Click either the paper icon under “File submissions” or click on the green plus in the center of the “File submissions” area.
- When the file picker window opens, click “Upload a file” on the left.
- Click the Browse button to browse your computer and select your file.
- Click the “Upload this file” button.
- You will see your file in the “File submissions” area. Take a moment to confirm that the file you selected is the correct one.
- Click the Save changes button.
- You will be taken back to the page with the assignment details. Your file should be listed/linked in the box on the right, along with the date and time it was submitted, and updated submission status. If you see your file listed/linked and do not see a “submit assignment” button, your file has been successfully submitted and no further action is required. You can return to edit/replace the file until the due date.
- If you see a “Submit assignment” button it means currently your file is a draft. As a draft you can return and edit/replace the file until the due date. When you are ready to submit, click the Submit assignment button. Once the assignment is submitted you will not be able to make any more changes.
Editing a File Submission
- If you do not see a "Submit assignment" button, or you do see one but have not yet clicked it, you can replace your file submission up until the due date. You can actually replace the submission up until the cutoff date (if enabled) but if you edit after the due date, it will be marked as late. When viewing the assignment, click Edit submission.
- To remove the original file, click on it in the “File submissions” area.
- In the popup window click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm you want to delete the file.
- Follow step 4 of Submitting a File.
- When finished, select Save changes at the bottom of the page.