Printing on Campus
The campus provides printing services to Faculty/Staff and Students. All campus networked printers are managed by IITS, and must meet campus standards for network integration.
|PawPrint How To's||Faculty & Staff: Add a printer||Poster Printing|
Student Printing (Paw Print)
- Adding Money to your PawPrint Account
- Email Files to Print
- Printing from your Own Device
- Printing from the UVA or Quad & Personal Devices
- Creating a Guest account
CSUSM has several print stations throughout the campus. These stations allow for students to release print jobs that have been submitted to the Paw Print queues at all hours of the day. Print jobs carry a cost per-page, and is available to all students.
PawPrint features include:
- Printing from any personal device
- Emailing files to the print queues from off-campus (pawprint.csusm.edu)
- Add funds to your account using a credit or debit card (pawprint.csusm.edu)
- Add funds to your account using cash
- There are cash machines on campus - these may be used to add cash (funds) directly
to your account.
- Kellogg 2nd Floor Open Lab
- There are cash machines on campus - these may be used to add cash (funds) directly to your account.
Network printers are available for faculty & staff throughout the campus. Requests to add, change, or modify existing networked printers should be sent to the Help Desk for review.
- Click the IITS Self-Help folder located on your desktop.
- Open the folder "Campus Network Printers"
- Choose the print server depending on what kind of printer you wish to print to:
- \\printbwc (for black, white, and color printers that are approved HP printers) OR
- \\printcan for the Canon multifunction printers OR
- \\printmisc (for specialty printers).
- Click OK.
- Select your printer from the list. Printer names are based on building name and room number the printer is located in. Double-click on it to begin to install.
- If you are prompted to install drivers, click on the Install drivers button.
- When you see the printer queue window pop up, you will know you have successfully installed the printer.
NOTE: If you are having a problem printing to a printer and you are advised to reinstall it, you should remove the existing printer before installing it again. To uninstall a printer, go to Start, Printers & Scanners, click on the printer, and select Remove Device from the menu. Go through steps 1-5 (above) after it's removed.
Adding your printer on a Mac:
- Get the name of the printer
- Go to System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners
- Click the + icon at the bottom left to add a printer
- Select IP (globe icon) at the top
- Address: nameofprinter.csusm.edu
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Queue: leave blank
- Click Add
IITS maintains and operates a large format printer for use by the campus community at a cost of $0.67 per linear inch. This printer is capable of printing posters as large as 48 inches wide and the desired height.
Print requests should be submitted to the Help Desk on the 2nd floor of the Kellogg library. Once the requested graphic has been reviewed for quality and measurement, the requestor will take the order form to the cashier's office to make a payment.
Posters will be printed within a 72 hour turnaround time.
1. IITS will consider offering refunds on a case-by-case basis. However, refunds will not be provided in the following situations.
2. Output is unacceptable due to client errors such as spelling mistakes or misplaced graphics.
3. Colors or images are not what the client expected, and the plotter is behaving normally. Clients should do small test plots from their own application to learn what sort of results the application will produce before submitting a large, expensive plot. Image quality is the client's responsibility
4. The plotter produces flawed results for any reason but the client opts to use the results anyway.
As an alternative to our print services, we recommend the local FedEx Office Print & Ship Center.