The campus provides printing services to Faculty/Staff and Students. All campus networked printers are managed by IITS, and must meet campus standards for network integration.
Due to COVID-19, the only active PawPrint printers can be accessed in the recently created USU computer lab. There are 3 black & white printers and 1 color printer. At this time, there is no charge for printing services. PawPrint printers are to be used by active students for their school work.
CSUSM has over 50 print stations throughout the campus. These stations allow for students to release print jobs that have been submitted to the Paw Print queues at all hours of the day. Print jobs carry a cost per-page cost, and is available to all students.
New features include:
Network printers are available for faculty & staff throughout the campus. Requests to add, change, or modify existing networked printers should be sent to the Help Desk for review.
NOTE: If you are having a problem printing to a printer and you are advised to reinstall it, you should remove the existing printer before installing it again. To uninstall a printer, go to Start, Printers & Scanners, click on the printer, and select Remove Device from the menu. Go through steps 1-5 (above) after it's removed.
IITS maintains and operates a large format printer for use by the campus community at a cost of $0.67 per linear inch. This printer is capable of printing posters as large as 48 inches wide and the desired height.
1. Print requests should be submitted to the Help Desk on the 2nd floor of the Kellogg library. Once the requested graphic has been reviewed for quality and measurement, the requestor will take the order form to the cashier's office to make a payment. Posters will be printing within a 48 hour turnaround time.
1. IITS will consider offering refunds on a case-by-case basis. However, refunds will not be provided in the following situations.
2. Output is unacceptable due to client errors such as spelling mistakes or misplaced graphics.
3. Colors or images are not what the client expected, and the plotter is behaving normally. Clients should do small test plots from their own application to learn what sort of results the application will produce before submitting a large, expensive plot. Image quality is the client's responsibility
4. The plotter produces flawed results for any reason but the client opts to use the results anyway.
As an alternative to our print services, we recommend the local FedEx Office Print & Ship Center.