1. General Overview
The Service Level Agreements (SLAs) reflect our client-focused, services-based commitment
to you. We commit to:
- The technology services provided by TSS.
- The general levels of response, availability, and maintenance associated with these
- The responsibilities of TSS as a provider of these services and of customers receiving
2. Roles and Responsibilities
2.1 TSS Responsibilities
- Providing services as outlined in this service agreement.
- Meeting response times associated with the various levels of service requests.
- Meeting due dates for completion and resolution of service requests.
2.2 Customer Responsibilities
- Using the defined processes for requesting help and services.
- Responding to inquiries from TSS staff who are resolving incidents and handling service
- Complying with campus and CSU information security policies.
3. Requesting Help and Service
A customer may request help or service from TSS for a service published in the TSS
Service Catalog. There are four methods of contacting TSS for help or service requests.
3.1 Online / Self-Service Requests (csusm.edu/tss)
By utilizing the self-service support request form, your help or service request will be automatically be routed to the appropriate
support team and be immediately visible to TSS staff.
3.2 Phone Support (760.750.4790)
Phone service is available during regular business hours of operation, M-TH 7am -
7pm, F 8am - 5pm. Messages left during off hours will be processed the next business
3.3 Email Support
Requests for support can be sent via email to our various support teams. Emails sent
to the incorrect team will be routed to the appropriate team automatically.
3.4 In-Person Support
In-person service is available during regular business hours on the 2nd floor of the
Kellogg Library. The Student Help Desk is located adjacent to the Technology Learning
Center in Kellogg 2000, and the Faculty & Staff Help Desk is located in the Technology
Resource Center in Kellogg 2414.
4. Hours of Coverage, Response Times, and Escalation
4.1 Hours of Coverage
- TSS staff are available during regular business hours of operation, M-TH 7am - 7pm, F 8am - 5pm. We are closed
on Saturdays and Sundays, and Campus Holidays.
- Customers may submit emails and self service tickets via the web interface 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week, which will be processed on the next business day.
4.2 Response Times
- Classroom Response Time
- We strive to respond to support calls in classrooms in under 5 minutes.
- For issues requiring a longer than normal restoration time, we will assist with locating
another available classroom or will make accommodations for a temporary configuration
- Student, Faculty & Staff Response Times
- For all help requests, our goal is to assign and acknowledge them within 4-6 hours
of receipt during normal business hours.
- For urgent requests, we commit to a response within 1 hour.