This section allows you to determine how student posts are graded and to restrict
grading to posts submitted within a date range.
Aggregate type: The aggregate type determines how the ratings for all of a student’s posts within
the forum are aggregated into one score. You can rate each post, using a dropdown
just below the post. The dropdown will display all points to the maximum assigned.
Select one of the aggregate types.
- Average of ratings - The mean of all ratings for the student in that forum.
- Count of ratings - The number of rated items becomes the final grade. Note that the
total cannot exceed the maximum grade for the activity.
- Maximum - The highest rating becomes the final grade
- Minimum - The smallest rating becomes the final grade
- Sum - All ratings are added together.
NOTE: The total cannot exceed the maximum grade for the activity.
- If "No ratings" is selected, then the activity will not appear in the gradebook.
Restrict ratings to items with dates in this range: When selected, the rating dropdown will not be available for posts outside of the
specified date range, preventing the instructor from assigning points for "late" posts.
Students will still be able to view the forum and post outside of the range.