Why Do This
This feature allows you to create a document/webpage within your CC. The robust HTML
text editor allows you to add many different kinds of content to the page, including
text, images, links, audio, video, and embed code. You can use a page to provide background
information, instructions, a list of URLs or to display multiple images.
- Opens seamlessly - no need to launch third party software (e.g. Microsoft Word) which
some users may not be able to access.
- Can be accessed by mobile devices, e.g. smartphones (not all smartphones can handle
- Much easier and faster to edit.
- Much more accessible and readily configurable for reading.
- Log onto Cougar Courses and go to the main page of your course.
- Click Turn editing on.
- In a topic or weekly area, click the drop down menu next to "Add an activity or resource."
- Choose "Page" from the Resources options and click the Add button.
- Name your page and type a brief description if you want it to show in the Resources
section of the course.
- If you want to display the description on the course homepage, click in the box next
to "Display description on course page".
- In the Page content section, add your content. Expand the toolbar toggle to access
additional options. See the “Using the Text and Page Editor Tools” guide to add and format text, images, tables, links, etc.
- Select the Save and return to course button at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: Leave all other options at the default settings. If you want to verify students
clicked on the Page, you can set the Activity completion settings.