Why Do This
The Page resource allows you to create a document/webpage within your Cougar Courses
that can be displayed and edited within the browser (no need for you or your students
to download). The robust HTML text editor allows you to add many different kinds of
content to the page including text, images, external links, PoodLL audio/video, and
embed videos. You can use a Page to provide background information, instructions,
a list of URLs, embedded videos, or to display multiple images.
- Opens seamlessly - no need to launch third party software (e.g. Microsoft Word) which
some users may not be able to access.
- Can be accessed by mobile devices, e.g. smartphones (not all smartphones can handle
- Much easier and faster to edit.
- Much more accessible and readily configurable for reading.
- Log onto Cougar Courses and go to the topic/module in your course where you want to add the Page.
- At the bottom of the topic/module, click the "Create learning activity" link in the
- Select the Resources tab and Choose "Page" from the Resources options.
- Type the title of the page in the Name field. Type the content in the Page content box. Click the first icon in the upper left of the toolbar to expand the toolbar
for additional options. See the “Using the Text and Page Editor Tools” help guide for directions on how to add and format text, images, tables, links,
- Click the "save and return to course" button when you are finished.
NOTE: Leave all other options at the default settings. If you want to verify students
clicked on the Page, you can set the Activity completion settings.