We understand that it can be challenging to find the time to create or redesign a course. Particularly in online courses, a consistent and easy to navigate course site can make things much easier for both you and the students. To this end, we have created a course template for online and hybrid courses. The template course can be imported into your empty course, or merged with existing course content. It includes many of the elements recommended in the Quality Online Learning and Teaching guidelines used extensively in the CSU, along with instructions on how to customize the template for your course. Below you’ll see some screenshots of the course.
We have set the course to guest access, so you can self-enroll in the course, check it out and if you decide to use it, download the backup file we've added to the course and restore it into your new course. If you use it, we would love to hear your feedback and any suggestions for improvements.
1. Log on to Cougar Courses
2. In the Search Courses field type Online Course Template and click the Search Icon.
3. Click the course name in the search results.
4. In the Self enrollment section, click Enroll me.
5. You'll be automatically enrolled and the course will open. If prompted, Log on with your university username and password.
6. In the Course template, see the topic: Instructors: Using this Template