Why Do This?
Sometimes you need a physical sign in sheet for a class session. The Sign in Sheet
block creates a printable list of students currently enrolled with a column where
they can sign in to indicate that they attended a class or other activity. The course
name and the current date is added to the top of the sheet, allowing for easy tracking
of printed lists.
Adding and Using the Sign In Sheet
- Click on Course Dashboard listed on the right under the Contents area.
Then click Edits Blocks.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of blocks on the left and find the Add A Block block.
- Choose Sign in Sheet from the drop down.
- The block will then be added to your blocks on your Course Dashboard. Use the move
icon in the upper right of the block to drag and drop it to a different location in the
list of blocks.
- When ready, click on "Generate a sign in sheet" to create the sheet.
- You can modify the format of the sign in sheet using options in the upper right corner
of the screen. You can order by First name or Last Name, filter by Groups you have
created, or add additional blank rows to the bottom before printing. If you change
any of the defaults, click Update.
- Click Print Sign in Sheet to print.
- If you want to edit the sheet further, we recommend you print to PDF and then either
edit in Adobe Acrobat or export from Adobe Acrobat to Word.