1. If you imported or restored a course from a previous semester, take a quick look at your new course to ensure that :
2. Edit all open and close dates in one place:
a) Click to Adm settings (gear icon) and select > Reports > Dates from the dropdown.
b) Select All activities, or a specific activity type using the dropdown filter.
c) Click Expand All, to display the date settings for each activity, or the specific activity type you chose within a course topic.
d) Modify any dates for that activity.
e) Save Changes after changing all dates. If you selected just one activity type, Save changes before selecting the next activity type.
3. Set or change use of groups for all activities from Admin settings > Reports
• Note: you must have the groups and groupings already created (Admin settings > Users > Groups). Don’t forget to add the students!
a) Select All Activities or an activity type using the dropdown filter.
b) Click Expand all, to display the group settings for each activity within a course topic.
c) Modify the group mode and grouping for all activities of that type and click Save changes before exiting or selecting the next activity type.
4. Delete items you aren’t using this semester. Hiding these items does not remove the points from the gradebook course total so it is best to delete unused items. You can always import just these items again from your old course if you change your mind later. To delete an item, click the More options icon below the item.
5. Check all URLs in your course, including Media library & Mediasite.
6. Check your course from the student view – Ensure everything you want visible is available to the students, and what you want hidden, is hidden.
a) At the top right, click the course Admin icon (gear) dropdown.
b) Scroll to the bottom and select Switch role to…
c) Click Student.
d) To return to your Instructor role, click the Admin icon, scroll down and select Return to my normal role.
7. Make your course visible!
a) Click the Admin icon and select Edit settings
b) Change the Visible setting to Show , scroll down and select Save and Display on the left.
8. Send an Announcement to the students, notifying them the course is available.
See below if using Q & A forums or Turnitin
Q & A Forums:
a) After updating and saving the forum settings, select the Add a new question button after saving the forum settings and enter the prompt in the Message field. You can post a copy to all groups using the checkbox in the Display period settings below.