If you are sure you will only use a question or group of questions in one quiz, then you can create the questions from within the quiz. If you want to be able to use the same question(s) in a review quiz or an exam, then you will want to create a question bank category (pg. 3), and create the questions within that category (pg. 4). Putting your questions into categories also allows you to organize your questions and add to your quiz a specified number of randomly selected questions from a category.
You can now create questions that incorporate a recorded audio, video or a drawn response using the PoodLL Recording question type. The recorders or whiteboard are embedded within the questions and students’ answers are saved within your course or available for download. Adding a background to the whiteboard in a Picture response allows you to create questions such as identifying locations on a map, graphing charts, etc. PoodLL questions are graded manually.
Go to a section
3. Click the quiz name on your course home page. In the Quiz Administration block, select Edit quiz.
4. Click the Add dropdown just above the page where you want to add the question, and select a new question.
5. Select the question type.
6. Click Next.
The fields will vary depending on question type selected. For more information on specific question types and associated fields, see https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Questions
7. Question name: enter a short, descriptive name. This is displayed in question lists - students do not see this.
8. Question text: enter your question text or instructions. Use the text editor to format text, add images or links to your question.
9. Default Mark: change the question’s point value if desired.
10. General feedback (optional): type general feedback, that will be shown after the students submits the question, or quiz
11. Complete any additional question specific fields.
12. Optional: Check the box next to Shuffle the choices.
NOTE: If enabled, the order of the answers is randomly shuffled for each attempt, provided that "Shuffle within questions" is enabled in the quiz settings.
13. Scroll to the bottom and click Save changes, or select Save changes and continue editing, if you are still working on that question.
3. Scroll down to Add category section.
4. Enter a Name for the category or subcategory. Categories are added to a Default (your course name) category.
5. Click Add category button.
You can edit category names, delete or reorder categories from the Categories page.
Note: you can not delete a category that contains questions. You would need to first
move the questions to another category, or delete them if not in use.
For more information on creating questions, see General Settings above.
Your question will be saved to the category selected in step 3 above.
To add questions from a Category to your quiz, see the guide: Adding Quiz Questions from the Question bank.
Want more information or didn’t find the answer to your question? See Moodle.org Quiz Activity