eWPAF Container Creation Process for Lecturers
Note: eWPAF containers for lecturers, supervisors, and lecturers whose primary duties are
not teaching are located in Community.
- At least five weeks prior to when the WPAFs are due, the designated Dean’s Office Staff (DOS) will
send to IDS (firstname.lastname@example.org) an Excel sheet of eWPAF containers to be created for that term. See DOS Template
- There should be separate sheets for lecturers, supervisors, and lecturers whose primary
duties are not teaching.
- In Fall, the lecturers sheet should include those on fall one-semester appointments,
those with full-time one-year appointments, those eligible for an initial three-year
appointment, and those in year three of a three-year appointment.
- In Spring, the lecturers sheet should include those on spring one-semester appointments
and those on part-time one-year appointments.
- IDS will batch create containers, bulk enroll owners, and notify the DOS of completion
within 2 business days.
- DOS will then notify faculty members that eWPAF containers are available in Community.
- DOS will remove faculty member’s role and add reviewers to each eWPAF container at
the appropriate date.
- DOS member will remove reviewers and re-add the faculty member’s role when the review
period has ended.
- Please see the official timetable for periodic evaluation of lecturers each academic year for specific dates.
- eWPAF containers will not be individually created prior to the bulk creation process.
Faculty wishing to get a head start can collect materials into folders on their computer
or in cloud storage for later upload to their eWPAF container.
- If it is less than five weeks until the due date and the faculty member does not see
their container, they should contact their DOS.
- If the list has not yet been sent to IDS, DOS will send the list.
- If the list has already been sent to IDS and the faculty member was not on the list,
or there is a problem, DOS will contact IDS to resolve.
- If the faculty member does not see a past eWPAF container, they should contact their
DOS to restore their access.
- The Dean’s Office will alert IDS when a new DOS is designated.
Faculty first name
Faculty last name
Faculty CSUSM email address
*Container name examples:
- One semester appointment: “Doe, John AY 17/18 Fall”
- One-year appointment: “Doe, John AY 17/18”
- Three-year appointment: “Doe, John AY 15/16 – AY 17/18”
Note: If the faculty member teaches in more than one college, please indicate the college
or specific department in the container name. For example, “PYSC Doe, John AY 17/18”
or “Doe, John AY 17/18 PYSC”