Exporting a Quiz to Word using Respondus
Why Do This?
You might like a Word document version of your Cougar Courses quiz/exam whether for
you personal records or for a student who needs to take the exam offline. There is
currently no way to export to Word directly from Cougar Courses, but you can do so
using the software Respondus. You will need to use CougarApps to access the Respondus software. Please visit CSUSM’s page on CougarApps to access CougarApps and learn more about using it.
How to Export a Quiz to Word
- Once in CougarApps, click on Apps at the top.
- Click the All tab in the upper left.
- Scroll down and click on Respondus.
- Respondus will then launch in a separate window. Once in Respondus, click on the Retrieval
tab along the top.
- Click Retrieve Questions in the center of the page.
- In the Retrieve Questions Wizard pop-up, leave the defaults and click Next.
- Enter your CSUSM username and password.
- A pop-up window will come up, click OK.
- A small window will open, click the button “Login with CSUSM credentials”
- Enter your CSUSM username and password. Authenticate using Duo.
- In the pop-up window click OK.
- Select your course from the “Choose Course to Retrieve from” dropdown.
- Then choose the Quiz you want exported.
- Enter a name for the Quiz.
- Click Next.
- When it says it has completed successfully, click the Finish button.
- Your quiz is now in Respondus. Click the Preview + Publish tab at the top.
- On the left, click Print Options.
- Choose whether you want the Word document to be just the exam, the exam with the answer
key, or the answer key only. Then click the Save to file button at the bottom.
- Select where you want to save (keep in mind you are in the CougarApps virtual environment),
and give your file a name. When finished click Save.